The Phantom was one of the most powerful and versatile aircraft of the nineteen seventies and eighties. It was in service in eleven countries including 5 NATO states. The German air force flew 273 of these "Hot ovens", out of a total build of 5,000. The prototype of this fighter interceptor flew for the first time in 1958. Derived from the RF-4C, the RF-4E version went into service with the German air force in 1971. It was then the most powerful tactical reconnaissance plane of the western world. The 88 reconnaissance planes in the Federal German air force were stationed at Leck (AG-52) and Bremgarten (AG-51). The AG-52 from Leck attended the NATO Tigermeet in 1984 in this particularly striking special livery. Model-details: - Detailed cockpit with 2 seats - Landing gear optionally extended or retracted - Detailed representation of structures of surface with recessed panel lines - Structural details of wings - Auxiliary tanks - Reconnaissance segment in nose - ALQ 119 pod - Decals for Tigermeet version, Leck AG-52 and Bremgarten AG-51 Model measures 266mm long.